As we slip into the fall months, we sense a slowing down in the air. Summer has spent itself. Cooler weather signals a transition to shorter days. During this change is a natural time to do some internal cleansing…not only in the home but in our bodies as well. It is a tradition in many countries to take it upon oneself to cleanse the inside of the body, once or twice a year. This is a key to vibrant health and longevity that more of us Americans are embracing today.
The one I love is the Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs, also known as The Lemonade Diet. His informative booklet was copyrighted in 1976 and is still available by Burroughs Books. Here is the link to Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Master-Cleanser-Stanley-Burroughs/dp/0963926209. It cost only $6.50 and includes recipes, testimonials, how to come off the diet, and other interesting health information. He clearly outlines the purpose of the cleanse on page 16:
- · “To dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion that have formed in any part of the body.
- · To cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.
- · To purify the glands and cells throughout the entire body.
- · To eliminate all unusable waste and hardened material in the joints and muscles.
- · To relieve pressure and irritation in the nerves, arteries, and blood vessels.
- · To build a healthy blood stream.
- · To keep youth and elasticity regardless of our years.”
Wow. All that from lemons, maple syrup, pure water, and cayenne…and intention!