Live Spring Rolls with Lemon-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Makes 8 rolls
30 minutes or fewer
For a party icebreaker, serve these rolls Vietnamese style, with the fillings and the leafy wrappers laid out on a plate so everyone can roll their own.
Lemon-Ginger Dipping Sauce
- ¾ cup raw tahini
- 2 Tbs. raw agave nectar
- 4 tsp. nama shoyu or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 8 Swiss chard or romaine lettuce leaves, tough stems trimmed
- ½ cup grated or julienned carrots
- ½ cup grated or julienned raw beets
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced or julienned (½ cup)
- ½ cup mung bean or sunflower sprouts
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
To make Lemon-Ginger Dipping Sauce:
1. Whisk together all ingredients and 1/2 cup water in small bowl.
To make Spring Rolls:
2. Fill each chard or lettuce leaf with pinch of carrots, beets, bell pepper, and sprouts. Top with basil and mint. Roll chard leaf around filling, tucking in edges. Serve with Dipping Sauce.